The Project 365 Journey

Reg in New York is taking daily photos in The Project 365 Journey...




He explains: I am an amateur photographer that's decided to actually get serious about learning photography. It all started when I took a photography class about two years ago. The instructor made us all get a camera. I purchased a used Canon Rebel XT. It was a great purchase and the class was fun, but I still didn't know what I was doing with the camera. So I put it down. Earlier this year I went to Mardi Gras and took my camera with me. Prior to that I watched a video that explained some of the features of the camera and how to of photography. I took some great pics. Then I heard of the "one a day" rule and gave it whirl. What fun. Then while playing around one day someone asked me to shoot their wedding. I got scared. I couldn't believe that someone would actually pay me for taking pics. I did my homework and ended up not doing it but it made me think that maybe I should really learn how to use this thing. I have a 50mm/1.8 prime and a 55-250mm on the way. This journal will be a chronicle of my project 365. Wish me luck.




Why did you decide to do this project? I have always been taking photo's. I heard about the 365 concept in a podcast and decided that it was a great way to improve my skill level. I wish I had known about this type of challenge a few years ago but so be it. Even though the blog seems to be in it's early stages I have been doing 1 pic a day for about 3 months. I just did the blog to make it more official and to share my pics.






How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? It has made me more serious about photography. I pay more attention and anything that you pay attention to you get better at. It is actually a type of Kaizen method of improvement that I learned about a few months ago. Small improvements over a long period of time makes for gigantic change. I have taken some pics that I am going to put up as art on my walls, and I have been approached by a few people about photography.


See all of Reg's photos HERE.

No comments: